Rashaan Sweat, Week 2

Today is a Friday. I had at lot of fun working for Friends of East Rock Park for these past 2 weeks. Today we met up at the New Haven Public Library at 9:00am. We all were ready to take the bus to the Smart Living Center all the way in Orange CT. At the Smart living Center we learned about energy and power. We learned how you could and should save energy. How it can save the earth and it can also save the money that is in your pockets. They also taught us how we make energy come into a house. I couldn’t believe how much work and power you need to power up a house. I really left that place with a change of mind. I even taught my parents a thing or two. Afterwards we all caught the bus back to downtown. We got a bite to eat and met Claire a woman that started her own business. We asked some questions like what made her start up the business, does she enjoy it, and how her restaurant helps the community. Her whole restaurant was energy proficient and her menu was filled with healthy things to eat. I really enjoyed my self today.

No comments:

Post a Comment